We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

I had a 1099-C for about $135,000. My husband didn't have any withholding on Social Security. His employer couldn't withhold due to incompetence. I felt utter dread wash over me. Memories of owing the IRS before were constantly on my mind. I called a local CPA. Besides being clueless, he wanted to charge me for every question I had about insolvency. I looked on line and found little hope of the countless stories of permanently disabled people like myself getting their student loans forgiven only to be asked to pay taxes on it as if it were income.
Somewhere, somehow, I find an article by Gary Bode. I bookmarked it for when it's time to do the actual taxes. With his excellent help in how to do all of this out of a virtual office I get my part of the work done. My questions got answered, for free. I give a retainer, do what I said I did and wait. I hear from Gary. I go into shock! How can this be? Not only do I not owe on the 135,000....Gary itemizes and after paying what was almost nothing in taxes we get $950.00 back! No more hubby doing the taxes online! I will use Gary Bode as long as he will agree to work with me!
It was so easy, no worries, but professional and top notch. I know I have thanked you Gary but I am so grateful. Thank you ever so much again!

Carla Bray

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

Ponzi Scheme CPA discusses Investment Fraud tax deduction through Form 4684 Part II, Casualties and Thefts

Form 4684 Part II, Casualties and Thefts

It’s always better to use Form 4684 Part II, Casualties and Thefts, for  investment fraud loss. I offer a free phone consult on Ponzi scheme cases. (910) 399-2705.

The public uses “Ponzi scheme” to describe all investment fraud. Most CPAs don’t see much of Ponzi scheme losses. I think our virtual office just draws a larger client base than a traditional brick and mortar CPA. I started receiving calls from potential clients, and tax preparers, the first day I posted on Form 4684 Part II, Casualties and Thefts. Sad but true. Clients tell me TurboTax and other tax programs don’t handle Part II, or need a manual workaround.

So what’s special about using Part II of IRS tax Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts?

It turns investment fraud losses into an ordinary income tax deduction. With more deduction and fewer restrictions. You can carry it forward to future tax years or amend prior tax returns to carry it back.

Schedule A, Casualty Loss: Line 20 has a 10% threshold and phases out as your adjusted gross income (for Form 1040) increases. An investment fraud CPA would only use line 20 of Schedule A if you don’t qualify for Form 4684 part II, Casualties and Thefts.

“One Client deducted 95% of over $225,00 of investment fraud loss through Form 4684 Part II, instead of nothing on Line 20 of Schedule A.”
– Gary Bode, Ponzi scheme CPA

Does IRS tax Form 4684, Casualties and Thefts, cover stock market losses?

No, stock market losses are capital losses and limited to $3000 a year.

What qualifies as an investment fraud loss on Form 4684 part II, Casualties and Thefts?

  • You expected to earn money with the investment.
  • You can prove fraud, generally through State of federal tax cases against the perpetrator.

I’m a Ponzi scheme CPA with a virtual office to help you turn investment fraud lemons into lemonade. I offer a free phone consult on investment fraud cases. (910) 399-2705.

Find me on Google+

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>