We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

I became totally and permanently disabled after a working for 44 years. I returned to college late in life (while working full-time) to fulfill my dream of becoming an RN and at that time found it necessary to secure student loans. Three years after being declared totally and permanently disabled my student loans were discharged. In January 2013 we received a 1099-C form declaring said student loans that were discharged however that amount could be considered as income for 2012. This was a large amount of money and we live on two pensions and social security income.

I started looking on the internet for information regarding 1099-C and felt that this was something that we could not handle alone. I made phone calls locally to a very reputable tax group in a city near us and they said it would cost $500 for an appointment and that they really prefer to do corporate taxes and they referred me to a local person who had worked for them at one time, we called and explained the situation and an appointment was made and then the comment was made that "I will have to do some research on this" and flags immediately went up and we called back and cancelled that appointment. I had been researching the IRSwebsite and every place else I could think of and I was not comfortable doing our own taxes this year. We called another local tax preparer that we had used in the past and made an appointment, however prior to the appointment, while still seeking information regarding our situation,

I came across a website for Gary l. Bode, MSA, CPA, PC in Wilmington, NC. I called Mr. Bodeand explained our situation and asked if he could help. He spoke very knowledgeably regarding the situation and stated that yes; he felt he could help us. As Mr. Bode was in North Carolina and we were in New York I scanned all of our documents including back-up documents for all of our claims and forwarded all to him. Mr. Bode kept in touch with us via email; we have spoken on the telephone several times and have become very comfortable with his knowledge and professionalism. Also, as I am a true "worrier" I have continued looking into information regarding our tax situation and I came upon another web page for Mr. Bode that included testimonials which spoke of his experience with this type of tax situation as it became prevalent during the recession. This reinforced in our minds that we had made the right decision in hiring this person as our tax preparer.

I share all of this as our taxes are now ready to be filed (we do owe tax for 2012 but not the astronomical figure we thought we were facing), and we are confident that they have been prepared with the utmost care by a gentleman who has an excellent working knowledge of the situation we faced and the tax laws that were applicable to said situation.


Bill and Carol

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below

Other Amount:

Your Email Address :

NC CPA Discusses 2013 New Hanover County and Brunswick County Business Personal Property Listing | NC AV-59

New Hanover County CPA and Tax Accountant

Gary Bode, CPA: Gary Bode, CPA: all NC Counties require the 2013 Business Personal Property Listing. (910) 399-2705.

All NC Counties need a 2013, three page Business Personal Property Listing from any business residing in it. It’s due Jan 31st, 2013. “Business Personal Property” means anything the company owns or leases, except real estate, at their New Hanover or Brunswick County location. Real estate is taxed elsewhere by New Hanover and Brunswick County. And anything means anything!, even office and janitorial supplies. While the tax isn’t calculated on the 2013 Business Personal Property Listing form itself, the County will notify your company of the amount due. A Brunswick County tax officer states they have employees drive around the County and snap photos of all businesses they find! And I believe NC shares business tax return information with the Counties.

Here’s the link for the 2013 Business Personal Property form. Although NC provides the form, you mail it to the County. Faxing isn’t acceptable, probably because of s ignature required. Another link on the page lists those County addresses. Also on that page you’ll find links to myriad of sub-schedules some businesses must file.

Basically your business property breaks up first into groups IE types of property, and then by year.  Both acquisition and “deletion” of property are reported.  Information carries backward such that subsequent years remain listed.

Need to extend the filing date for the 2013 Business Personal Property Listing? In the past Counties have let us extend the due date to April 15th by writing to the contact described above.

NC Form AV-59

The Counties used to let CPAs sign the Business Personal Property listing form. And we still do for clients who need us to. How? Your CPA just files NC AV-59 which is a limited power of attorney.

“Initial setup of the New Hanover County Property Listing can be confusing because the terminology is strange. But subsequent year preparation is easier.”
Gary Bode, CPA and Wilmington NC tax accountant


Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>