We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

I used Gary’s services to file my 2012 income tax return. This was my first year having an accountant do my return, as I have always done it myself using TurboTax. However, this year I had cancelled debt from my old primary residence which I was forced to convert to a rental property after relocating out of state.

While it didn’t cost me anything to do the short sale, the income tax consequence from the cancelled debt, roughly $50,000 in my case, was enough to move me from the 15% tax bracket to the 25% tax bracket.  Needless to say, I was concerned about that.

Finances were already tight and my husband and I are expecting our first child this fall. So the possibility of owing income tax was stressing me out. However, Gary was great at relieving my fears.

He is extremely knowledgeable, answered all my questions and was very thorough. I knew I was in good hands. He kept in constant contact with me throughout the process, keeping me updated on the progress of my return and letting me know what paperwork he needed to complete my filing.

In my mind, best case scenario would have been to not owe any taxes. Second best would be to only owe a little. Well, you can imagine my surprise and delight when Gary told me I was actually due a refund of a little over $2,700.00!

To top it all off, I found Gary’s fee for service to be fair, competitive and affordable; especially given the complexity of this type of return. I am so glad I did not try and go it alone this year. I am extremely pleased with Gary’s service and would recommend him highly to anyone, in fact I already have. If you have cancelled debt from a short sale or foreclosure, don’t freak out. Take a deep breath and call or email Gary. I am grateful I did.

Angie Falke of Holiday, FL

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

IRS Tax problem CPA discusses how the IRS must follow its own Rules | IRS self help tax relief tips

IRS tax problem CPA discusses IRS tax audit issues

Need a free consult on an IRS tax problem? (910) 399-2705.

IRS tax problem CPAs must understand the IRS rules to work all the angles for Client tax relief. Hi, I’m Gary Bode an IRS tax problem CPA with a virtual office. Sometimes the taxpayer wins when the IRS defaults because it made mistakes. I understand many folks deal with their own tax problems without a CPA. So, this post deals with common sense self-help tips. But if you get uncomfortable, consider calling us for a free consult at (910) 399-2705.

Example of the IRS not following its own rules

TIGTA, Treasury Inspector General for Tax Administration, oversees IRS operations. Recently it found that the IRS doesn’t always tell taxpayers of their rights when requesting a consent to extend the time to assess tax. I doubt that many taxpayers would sign Form 872, Consent to Extend the Time to Assess Tax, without understanding what that implies. But folks with IRS tax problems often feel stressed and might succumb to IRS pressure.

Tax Problem tips for self-help tax relief

  • Remember you may have State tax problems too, if not now, then eventually.
  • Understand the tax issues underlying your tax problem.
  • Understand the potential dollar amount involved. Maybe the tax problem isn’t such a big deal.
  • Don’t procrastinate and waste valuable strategizing time. The IRS is slow but they don’t forget about you.
  • Did the IRS play fair?
  • Look at the big tax problem picture. For example, if your S Corporation has payroll tax problems it could affect your personal income tax liability too.
  • Once IRS tax problems emerge, it’s logical they’ll look closely at other issues in the same tax year or similar issues in other tax years.
  • Don’t incriminate yourself. Keep your IRS tax problems limited to what they’re interested in.
  • Don’t always assume the IRS is right.
  • The IRS always assumes it is right. You must prove otherwise to get any tax relief.
  • Use the IRS to your advantage. I had a Client with cancelled debt tax problems. He asserted the bank made an error in issuing tax Form 1099-C. So we let the IRS do that.
  • The IRS might not be wrong but overlooks legitimate deductions or tax credits.
  • Don’t let the IRS prepare your tax returns.
  • Look at the worst possible scenario and strategize to avoid it.
  • Look at the best scenario and plan how to make that happen. Sometimes a CPA gradually positions a tax problem client for, say, an Offer in Compromise.
  • Maybe you can get the IRS to put your account into Not Currently Collectible status.
  • If you do owe tax, maybe you find tax relief through an Offer In Compromise. Here the IRS accepts less than what you as full payment.
  • Always ask for penalty abatement.
  • Communicate in writing. Wring out all the emotion. Edit it carefully. Wait three days to send it.
  • Sometimes Folks just get riled up over a principle when the IRS demand is small. Sometimes it’s easier to pay them a few bucks and move on.
  • Recognize tax problems often affect your credit rating.

Know when to seek CPA help

Considerations include;

  • The amount of potential tax liability.
  • Complexity of the tax issues involved.
  • Cost effectiveness.
  • Reduced stress.
  • Timeline.

Find me on Google+

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>