We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

Amended Tax Return and IRS Resolution

I was initially worried about picking someone off the internet but your testimonials sold me so I would more than happy to assist and hopefully the next person will be at ease choosing to utilize your services. I am pleased to write you to let you know I received a response from the IRS in response to the schedule C you assisted with filing. They responded saying the information supplied was sufficient and they have closed discrepancy. I spoke with the IRS and they said no tax is due. I asked even though I did make a $400 profit and they said again no tax liability is showing that the case was closed. I just wanted to thank you again for your assistance with this issue.

Jason Stoltz

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

IRS Garnished Wages? What is wage garnishment? Back tax CPA accountant explains how to prevent it

CPA answers what is wage garnishment

Garnished wages? You might have a few moves left. (910) 399-2705.

Garnished wages are one form of an IRS tax levy. IRS wage garnishment usually isn’t a surprise. They send out multiple advance warnings, like Notice CP 501, that culminate in an IRS tax lien. Finally, the IRS attaches (i.e. levies) to the assets listed in the tax lien. I’ll share some tips I’ve learned as a CPA accountant who deals with preventing or stopping wage garnishment, focusing on back taxes.

What is wage garnishment?

The IRS or Court forces your employer to deduct funds from your paycheck and send it to a creditor. Every state has its own garnishment laws. Garnished wages stop when the back tax or other debt is paid.

Find your state’s specific tax laws here with this handy IRS guide.

Consequences of wage garnishment:

  • It’s embarrassing.
  • It’s additional hassle for your employer and sometimes folks get fired for it.
  • Your cash flow decreases.
  • IRS tax liens show up on credit reports. No more credit and potential employers pass you by.

Reasons for garnished wages:

  • Back taxes.
  • Child support.
  • Defaulted student loans.

How to prevent wage garnishment from back taxes

  • Make sure the IRS is correct.  Hey, they can make mistakes too.
  • Don’t procrastinate. Typically the IRS sends notices for months. Don’t waste that time.
  • Back tax CPA accountants can sometimes delay wage garnishment. The IRS recognizes that a tax professional needs time to work out your case.
  • If you haven’t filed back tax returns, do so immediately. This almost always decreases the tax and penalties you owe.

“I’ve seen cases of imminent wage garnishment turn into refunds. Strange but true.”
– Gary Bode, CPA accountant

  • I think most CPAs automatically check to see if you’re a candidate for an Offer in Compromise.
  • You can enter into an Installment Agreement with the IRS via Form 9465.

I’m a back tax CPA that deals with IRS levies including garnished wages. I have a virtual office that provides nationwide service. (910) 399-2705.


Find me on Google+


Like me on Facebook


Follow me on Twitter


Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>