We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials


I would like to thank you for your time in helping me with this issue of tackling the exclusion of my 1099-C income from this years taxes. The Form 982 that the IRS makes you file is very confusing and makes you want to beat you into submission however with your guidance I was able to quickly and easily get through it and on top of that exclude 100% of the cancellation. I will suggest your site and assistance to anyone and everyone.


Keith, CPA from CT


Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

Expat CPA discusses Form W-8IMY | new FATCA compliance documents

Expat CPA discusses IRS Form W-8IMY and FATCA compliance

Gary Bode, CPA: Expats could see the revised Form W-8IMY in 2013.

Expat CPAs are buzzing about the “new” IRS Form W-8IMY, Certificate of Foreign Intermediary, Foreign Flow-Through Entity, or Certain U.S. Branches for United States Tax Withholding. Of course Form W-8IMY isn’t new, it’s just revised in 2012, for 2013, to facilitate FATCA compliance. Form W-8IMY is one of several 2013 tax exemption forms that include Form 8-ECI, Form 8EXP and Form-8BEN.

Generally you, the taxpayer, supply one of these forms to any institution that requests one. In the case of Form W-8IMY that would be a foreign intermediary, a foreign branch of a US bank or foreign flow through entity. In other words any institution that pays you money during the year. Otherwise that institution has to with hold 31% of the payment (this rate is for 2012 and 2013) for IRS taxes. Form W-8IMY prevents that, but the institution still sends a document to you and the IRS stating what income was paid during the tax year along with your identification information.

Should you provide Form W-8IMY?

Discuss that with your Expat CPA. Your marginal tax rate may be less than 31%, so allowing them to hold your 31% may result in a refund. Also, investors sometimes can use that 31% to make money in the interim. Finally many folks hate to pre-pay taxes.

I’m an expat CPA with a virtual office to serve my international and long distance clients. For a free phone consult call (910) 399-2705.

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>