We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

When my business partner and I found ourselves in a land investment that was abandoned by the developers, we had no reasonable economic choice but to walk away from our mortgage loan.  While we understood that there would likely be tax consequences, the magnitude of our exposure was not fully anticipated.  Thankfully, Mr. Bode was able to work with us to strategize a defensible tax position and mitigate the tax implications of our investment loan abandonment.  I would recommend that anyone facing an investment loss that has tax implications due to debt forgiveness give Gary a call.  It is always best to fully understand the circumstances and the tax rules and related options before paying a hefty bill.  Thanks Gary!

Brian D. - CPA

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

CPA explains CPA License Mobility across State Lines | UAA

wilmington nc CPA

Gary Bode CPA: with a few exceptions, we can provide services to you wherever you live! For a free phone consult call (910) 399-2705.

Because of our virtual office, we field client calls from almost every State. Plus international calls from US citizens living abroad. A common question concerns us acting as CPAs in their State. Of course, that’s a logical concern. The short answer is yes, we can work with you, unless you live in California or Hawaii. But that’s only been the case for several years. Before that, a CPA license was generally restricted to the issuing State. I believe MDs still use the State by State model for licensure, as an example. 

The AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) and NASBA (National Association of the State Boards of Accountancy) worked tirelessly to create and implement the UAA (Uniform Accountancy Act). One aspect of UAA concerns mobility of the CPA licenses. Per the NASBA website:

Individual mobility is available (with no further filing or fee) if you hold an active unrestricted CPA license in your principal place of business. “CPA license” means a CPA license granted by the state board after all education, exam and experience requirements have been met.

As of the published date of this post, only California and Hawaii haven’t enacted UAA yet. So, even though I’m only licensed in NC, those are the only two States I can’t automatically offer services for. There are restrictions and caveats of course. But none worth mentioning, given the scope of our services. 

So, if like our virtual office model, we can privide services to you, almost anywhere you live. I see tax services becoming specialized by expertise, not by locality. If you like what you read, and don’t have a local CPA, consider calling us for a free phone consult at (910) 399-2705.