We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

"Gary does a great job on finding expenses for my rental properties. His virtual office makes tax time a lot more convenient. I added him to Angie's list!"—Molly Baxter

Molly Baxter

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below
Other Amount:
Your Email Address:

CPA Accountant explains IRS Late Filing Penalty Abatement and Tax Form 843 | reasonable cause

CPA accountant late filing penalty tax form 843

The IRS sometimes abates penalties. But you have to request it by letter or tax Form 843. (910) 399-2705.

CPA accountants routinely try to abate IRS penalties. The late filing penalty is most common. There’s two ways to do that. One involves sending tax Form 843. The other is responding to the IRS Notice with a well-crafted letter requesting abatement of the late filing penalty for reasonable cause.

The IRS offers an automatic  abatement for the late filing penalty if you’ve got a good history of compliance with the IRS. But you have to request it. However, I’ve seen them abate more than just one penalty. So, we craft a legitimate reasonable cause for tax Form 843. Typical reasonable causes include loss of records, death in the family, serious illness, divorce, natural disasters etc.

Not all IRS penalties Qualify:

Naturally, wrinkles exist in the IRS penalty abatement policy.

“You don’t a CPA accountant to request abatement for IRS penalties.” – Gary Bode, CPA Accountant

But if you’re having tax problems consider calling us for free phone consult.

We’re a nationwide CPA firm with a virtual office. (910) 399-2705.

Find me on Google+

Like me on Facebook

Follow me on Twitter


Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>