We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

avatar"Gary Bode has just completed our tax returns for the first time and I am totally satisfied with his level of service. He has been very attentive, asked all the right questions, and not only fixed some problems from our previous accountant, but also set us up for future success through a thorough and professional analysis of our corporate structure in conjunction with several personal variables.

I have worked with quite a few CPA’s in my life, and Gary has proven himself to be one of the most thoughtful, insightful, and pleasant fellows I have ever worked with."—J. Louis Tabor

Tabor Foods, LLC

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below

Other Amount:

Your Email Address :

Back Tax CPA Discusses the Short Term Extension IRS Payment Agreement| ways to pay the IRS

Back tax CPA discusses the short term extension payment agreement
Gary Bode, CPA: we work every legitimate angle to reduce your back tax liability. For a free initial consult please call 399-2705.

A back tax CPA often earns a refund for the client. But this post discusses the IRS Short Term Extension payment agreement for when a tax liability exists. Note this option is unavailable if the IRS has already liened your property via Form 668(Y).

Reducing the Amount you Owe

Through preparation of un-filed tax returns, or amending existing returns, a back tax CPA reduces your tax liability using every legitimate technique. But, sometimes, a tax liability is still the result. But even then you might not have to pay it all. Offers in Compromise or Hardship Settlements might reduce that amount.

Delaying the Amount you Owe

Sometimes a CPA requests additional time to prepare the back tax returns. The IRS is considerate in this regard.

Actually Paying the Amount you Owe

But when money is actually due, the IRS has multiple ways to pay it. This post discusses the IRS Short-Term Payment Plan. The IRS was chastised for not offering this option more often. The reason? The short term extension payment plan requires no fees. But other Installment Agreements (Form 9465) do incur fees.

The IRS short term extension payment plan allows you to pay, in full, during the next 11-120 days. My CPA firm likes to be certain the client can fulfill that obligation, because of the potential consequences of default. But the IRS was also criticized for allowing later Installment Agreements, even after multiple defaults. So maybe this is a moot point.

The application process is via the Online Payment Agreement Application (OPA). Which renders an immediate decision on acceptance. Acceptance is not guaranteed, but, under most cases, some other Installment Agreement is acceptable, albeit with fees and greater inconvenience.

We’re a back tax CPA firm in Wilmington NC with a virtual office to serve international clients and offer greater convenience for local clients. Of course, we have a free initial phone consult policy on any back tax or IRS tax audit issue. (910) 399-2705

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>