We Prepare Tax Returns!

We prepare most type of tax returns:


S Corporation.

C Corporation.




Gary Bode, CPA is a Master's Degreed, nation wide accountant offering tax and business services. Member of AICPA and NCACPA. Our virtual office provides excellent service to long distance and international clients. Call (910) 399-2705 for a free phone consult.

Client Video Testimonials

Click here to watch some of our clients in their video testimonials!

Client Testimonials

I became totally and permanently disabled after a working for 44 years. I returned to college late in life (while working full-time) to fulfill my dream of becoming an RN and at that time found it necessary to secure student loans. Three years after being declared totally and permanently disabled my student loans were discharged. In January 2013 we received a 1099-C form declaring said student loans that were discharged however that amount could be considered as income for 2012. This was a large amount of money and we live on two pensions and social security income.

I started looking on the internet for information regarding 1099-C and felt that this was something that we could not handle alone. I made phone calls locally to a very reputable tax group in a city near us and they said it would cost $500 for an appointment and that they really prefer to do corporate taxes and they referred me to a local person who had worked for them at one time, we called and explained the situation and an appointment was made and then the comment was made that "I will have to do some research on this" and flags immediately went up and we called back and cancelled that appointment. I had been researching the IRSwebsite and every place else I could think of and I was not comfortable doing our own taxes this year. We called another local tax preparer that we had used in the past and made an appointment, however prior to the appointment, while still seeking information regarding our situation,

I came across a website for Gary l. Bode, MSA, CPA, PC in Wilmington, NC. I called Mr. Bodeand explained our situation and asked if he could help. He spoke very knowledgeably regarding the situation and stated that yes; he felt he could help us. As Mr. Bode was in North Carolina and we were in New York I scanned all of our documents including back-up documents for all of our claims and forwarded all to him. Mr. Bode kept in touch with us via email; we have spoken on the telephone several times and have become very comfortable with his knowledge and professionalism. Also, as I am a true "worrier" I have continued looking into information regarding our tax situation and I came upon another web page for Mr. Bode that included testimonials which spoke of his experience with this type of tax situation as it became prevalent during the recession. This reinforced in our minds that we had made the right decision in hiring this person as our tax preparer.

I share all of this as our taxes are now ready to be filed (we do owe tax for 2012 but not the astronomical figure we thought we were facing), and we are confident that they have been prepared with the utmost care by a gentleman who has an excellent working knowledge of the situation we faced and the tax laws that were applicable to said situation.


Bill and Carol

Free Consult

Even though Gary enjoys helping colleagues, we no longer provide free consults to other tax preparers. He's happy to consult on an hourly billing basis if our schedule allows.

Pay Your CPA

Enter $ Below

Other Amount:

Your Email Address :

Back Tax CPA accountant answers FAQ about unfiled tax returns

back tax CPA discusses unfiled tax returns

I offer a free consult on back taxes and back tax returns. (910) 399-2705.

Hi, I’m Gary Bode, a back tax CPA with virtual office. Distance isn’t a factor for utilizing my services. This post includes the back tax State returns as well. Here’s a FAQ list I generated during the 2015 tax season.

What happens if I can’t pay my back taxes?

  • Sometimes a back tax case generates a net refund. I know that’s hard to believe.
  • Accurate back tax returns generally cut the IRS demand significantly.
  • If you do owe back taxes, I’d recommend looking into an Offer in Compromise to see if the IRS will accept less that what you owe, in back taxes, as payment in full.
    • They have an online tool that will tell you if you qualify.
  • If you don’t qualify for an Offer in Compromise, the IRS has Installment Agreements.
  • If cash flow is so bad you can’t make the monthly payments I try to get the IRS to put you into their currently not collectible status.


The IRS demands too much

I see most back tax cases once the IRS takes an interest in your unfiled tax returns. By that time the IRS already calculates a back taxes due figure per their substitute tax return described above. Sometimes they threaten a tax lien. I can’t ever recall a back tax case where I couldn’t reduce the IRS demand for back taxes due. Why? I can’t claim full credit. The IRS substitute tax return just generates grossly inflated back taxes due figure.

Filing accurate back tax returns almost always reduces the IRS demand for back taxes due.

Will the IRS press criminal charges?

It seems unlikely given the statistics. Their probably needs to be some willfull intent to defraud. But I’d get a lawyer involved at the first hint of criminal charges.

Is there a typical back tax return Client?

No. Most back tax Clients seem perfectly ordinary to me. Other back tax CPAs agree. However common issues usually arise in back tax return. Generally that involves a lack of responsiveness from the back tax Client. Sometimes procrastination loses a back tax refund.

Is a back tax CPA expensive?

The cost of producing each sequential back returns is cheaper than if I prepared them on time. But there can be other charges for letters to the IRS, obtaining a Power of Attorney etc. I discuss how to keep my costs as low as possible in the letter of engagement.

There are many types of back tax return cases

It surprises some Folks what type of back tax returns CPAs deal with.

  • Individual. Form 1040, U.S. Individual Income Tax Return.
    • Schedule C for sole proprietors Schedule C (Form 1040), Profit or Loss From Business.
  • C Corporation. Form 1120, U.S. Corporation Income Tax Return.
  • S, U.S. Income Tax Return for an S Corporation
  • Payroll, Form 941, Employer’s QUARTERLY Federal Tax Return (sic).

Losing refunds

I’ve seen back tax returns generate nice refunds. But the IRS doesn’t issue refunds after three tax years. Every back tax CPA has horror stories of clients losing refunds through procrastination. Sad but true.

Back tax returns for your State

If your State requires a back tax return they won’t accept that back tax return until the IRS processes the federal back return. I’ve talked with other back tax CPAs and the States are problematic. If they demand tax you don’t owe during the interim between the IRS filing and accepting the back tax return you could logistic issues that include nasty tax notices etc. Talk to your back tax CPA about this issue.

Find me on Google+

Leave a Reply

You can use these HTML tags

<a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <s> <strike> <strong>